To deal with your requests in a timely and reasonable way,
Environmental Protection Services have set a number of service
standards. The standards are divided into our main service
areas. To see what these standards mean for you please see
the information below
Requests for Environmental Information
We will respond to a request for environmental information as
quickly as possible and will ensure that, unless the request is
particularly complex, a substantive response is made within 20
working days of receipt.
- Where a request is particularly complex and it is not possible
to provide a substantive response within 20 working days, we will
write to the person making the request and advise
accordingly. In these circumstances a substantive response
will be provided within 40 working days.
- If we have difficulty in understanding the information
required, an officer will make contact to seek clarification,
providing advice and assistance where necessary.
- We will provide the information requested unless access to this
information is restricted. In these circumstances we will
provide an explanation why we cannot divulge this information.
- If we do not hold the information requested we will advise
accordingly. If we are aware that another authority holds the
information we will either pass the request on to them, with
consent, or notify the person making the request which authority we
believe holds the information.
- We will endeavour to make environmental Information available
electronically, and through our website, where possible.
- If paper copies of the information have been requested we will
charge for provision of this information at 10 pence per A4
The Service receives regular consultations on licence and planning
applications from other services within the Council.
- For consultations on applications made under the Licensing Act
2003 any representations will be made within 28 days of the
application being received.
- For consultations received from the Development Control Service
in respect of planning applications we will provide a substantive
response within 21 days of the date of the consultation.
Local Air Pollution Prevention and Control
- We will endeavour to ensure that the regulation of prescribed
processes in the District complies with national guidance and good
- In circumstances where formal action is being contemplated to
ensure compliance with the legislation relating to the operation of
prescribed processes, we will take due consideration and comply
with the Environmental Health (General) Services Enforcement
Nuisance and other Pollution Complaints
If you make a complaint you can expect:
- To be contacted by the case officer within three working days,
within one working day for urgent cases.
- To be kept informed of the progress of the investigation.
- To be advised of the outcome of the investigation, the action
taken or why no action can be taken.
- Not to divulge your identity to the person you are complaining
about, unless we agree this with you first.
- If we are unable to assist, to direct you to any other body who
may be able to help.
Telephone: (01902) 696000
Fax: (01902) 696222