Progress of your application - what you need to
Thank you for your interest in
applying for a job with South Staffordshire Council.
All Applications must either
be submitted via email or post on the Council's Official
This can be
Telephone: (01902) 696703.
You can also obtain an application
form by visiting our 'vacancies
' page or
by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
When you have completed your
application form please return it to the same address.
Unfortunately, because of the number
of applications received we are not able to acknowledge receipt of
your form. We hope you will understand the need to save public
money in this way.
How long before you know the outcome?
- You must submit your application by the deadline time
(usually 5:00pm) on the closing date in order to be
- In order to provide speedy recruitment each advertisement will
have an interview date included.
- If you do not hear from us by this date please assume that you
have been unsuccessful.
- Please do not let this deter you from applying for any future
vacancies for which you think you are suitable.
- If you apply for many jobs without being short listed you may
need help in "selling" yourself on paper. Ask Human Resources
What happens after the interview?
If you are to be offered a
- You will be told as soon as possible that you have been
selected. This will be subject to receipt of references
satisfactory to us; medical clearance and police check if the job
involves substantial access to children.
- You will receive an offer letter, medical questionnaire and
pension choice form to be completed and returned.
- You will be advised not to give notice if you are in employment
until you receive a letter of confirmation, with start date and
statement of particulars.
If you are not offered a
- You will be informed by letter.
- Do not be put off from applying for suitable vacancies in the
Telephone: (01902) 696104 or
Fax: (01902) 696145