South Staffordshire is known for its rural beauty and offers miles
of walks through breath taking countryside.
There are many different walking routes and trails of varying
lengths on offer throughout the district including a series of
circular walks, as well as trails at both Baggeridge Country Park
and South Staffordshire Railway Walk.
Walking is the one the most effective forms of exercise there
is. It is suitable for the majority of people whilst being fun and
safe at the same time.
Did you know that walking regularly at a brisk pace has the
following benefits for the individual?
- Burns as many calories as jogging the same distance.
- It can halve the risk of a Heart Attack or Stroke
- It can lower blood pressure
- Lower your cholesterol
- Help in weight management
- Help prevent Diabetes
- Helps to manage stress and improve self-esteem
Walking is of particular benefit to those sedentary people who
currently take no exercise. The latest research is showing that
leading a sedentary lifestyle is now as dangerous as smoking to
Who benefits from Health Walks?
Simply, everyone can gain health benefits from walking.
However the following groups of people will benefit enormously from
- Those displaying Coronary Heart Disease risk factors
- Older people
- Those with or recovering from mental health problems
- Isolated / Lonely people
- Overweight people
- People from ethnic minority groups
- People with sedentary lifestyles
Telephone: 07516 115268
Policy & Partnerships
Baggeridge Country Park
Telephone: 01902 882605